When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.– Tao Te Ching
Today’s post was inspired by drawing the card Let Your Past Go from The Daily Guidance from Your Angels Deck and then seeing the quote from Mike Dooley on Facebook. I then shared it on Twitter and Erica Ross-Kreiger said it was just what she needed. When I commented on the synchronicity and mentioned that I might write my blog post on the topic she said she was looking forward to reading it.
To move forward in any area of our life we have to let go and sometimes what we have to let go of is not always obvious.
This Easter weekend Des and I are doing a big cleaning, clearing and letting go of physical stuff as we are ready for change. I am a bower bird and keep things just in case. I have boxes of fabric too from my textile art business, that one day……….. My computer is another just in case I might need it, storage place too.
For clearing the physical stuff I have made charts so we can check off what we have done and both get a sense of satisfaction as well as celebrating being a step closer to our dream of living closer to the beach. I want to be able to walk to the beach. I have yet to make chart for what stuff letting go of from the computer and in the cloud, that will be freeing too.
It’s not only the physical stuff that can block the abundance flow and stop you moving forward. Your memories, your thoughts and often a limiting belief can be what holds you back. This can stop you sharing your gifts with the world too.
We can also get caught up in story. When this happens I find it best to journal, ask those whispers of my heart what and why I am limiting myself. what is it that when i let it go will allow me to move forward?
Having a coach or mentor helps too. Or even ask a close friend or you partner. You might be surprised at the response you get. I was!
I am working through a series of exercises to allow me to move from my past to my future with joy.
8 Quotes on letting go:
- Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it. – Ann Landers
- Holding on is believing that there’s only a past letting go is knowing that there’s a future. – Daphne Rose Kingman
- To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit. – Jack Kornfield
- It doesn’t take a lot of strength to hang on. It takes a lot of strength to let go. – J. C. Watt
- We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. – Joseph Campbell
- Have you ever struggled to find work or love, only to find them after you have given up? This is the paradox of letting go. Let go, in order to achieve. Letting go is God’s law. – Mary Manin Morrissey
- You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you. – Sarah Ban BreathnacH
- This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet. – Rumi
Do you find it easy to let go of your past?
Listening to the whispers of your heart brings ♥More Joy ♥ More Love ♥ More Abundance ♥ ♥♥”Please Share this article on your favorite social networks and with your community. This can help others heal and transform their lives. Thank you!”♥♥