Teach us to care and not to care Teach us to sit still – T S Elliot
Joy from Unfolding Your Path to Joy chose the word Equanimity for this months ROAKA and for me it was very appropriate as in May I completed Sonia Choquette’s Ask Your Guides course which for me was about achieving both balance and inner peace as well as trusting my intuition more. All this leads for to me having more inner peace and self-love and learning to just be………..equanimity for me. I did look up what the word meant as I wasn’t 100% sure.
Equanimity meaning: noun: Evenness of temper in all circumstances. it comes from the Latin aequanimitas, from aequus (equal, even) + animus (mind, spirit). I think this quote from Deepak Chopra sums it well
“Equanimity is being friendly toward the happy, compassionate to the unhappy, taking delight in the virtuous, being indifferent to the wicked”
Equanimity for me means:
- being in balance and this week I have been out of balance. I missed going to the beach and swimming in the sea- my body missed those ions that make me feel good and raise my vibes. My partner Des had a rather violent reaction to eye ointment and ended up in hospital and then my eye joined in in sympathy. Today I went to the beach and although it is now winter here I went into the sea. it was cool to get in but so healing, the sea washed out my eye and that is healed. Des got some fresh sea air and then came home and slept. Thing are getting back into balance and equanimity.
- having inner peace. This is something I maintain through meditation, spending time with my guides, daily exercise like 5 Tibetans and Qigong
- doing what juices me and does make my heart sing. When I am doing what I think I should be doing or looking outside of me I am out of balance and not listening to my heart, then I don’t experience equanimity.
- learning just to be
- not buying into the troubles of the world etc staying centered. the following video explains this well with humor
What do you do to maintain equanimity?
Be inspired, be empowered, be the change and make a difference TODAY!
If you enjoyed this article please subscribe and share it on Twitter and Facebook by using the share the love buttons below. And, I would love to hear from you in the comments. Thanks so much for your support!
What is RAOKA I hear you ask? Random Acts of Kick Arse is a movement to bring more of whatever the monthly theme is into our lives, and the lives of those around us. Other Raoka Team mates EQANIMITY articles Zeenat @Positive Provactations wrote Equanimity Kung Fu Panda Style ~ Raoka and Joy @ Unfolding Your Path To Joy wrote Raoka:Exploring Equanamity
Latest posts by Suzie Cheel (see all)
- IS YOUR VISION YOUR PASSION? - May 21, 2019
- REAL RADICAL SELF LOVE - May 14, 2019
- READY TO MANIFEST MAGIC AND MONEY - May 7, 2019
- HOW TO SET THE INTENTION TO FEEL HAPPY AND FULL OF JOY THIS WEEK - April 15, 2019