“To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.” ~ Osho
Welcome to Day 13 of the Love Challenge. If you’re only just catching up with us today go here first to find out what you need to do to get started.
Today is about being creative and the picture above was my response to a spontaneous opportunity to be creative at the local Bleach Festival, a celebration of the visual and performing arts and beach culture on Sunday. Des saw the ABC Open stand for the festival and they had a surfboard, lots of colored markers and an invitation to write a message on the board. The format of the message was to be:(beach name) is the best beach because………………………………. Des called me over and of course I leapt at the chance to celebrate our favorite local beach at Rainbow Bay. As you can see from the picture, I wrote “Rainbow is the best beach because it is peaceful and full of spirit.” and added lots of hearts to it. They had the best chalk markers that I must get a set of. They allow for creativity to flow and awesome colors.
“Creativity is our true nature; blocks are an unnatural thwarting of a process at once as normal and as miraculous as the blossoming of a flower at the end of a slender green stem.”~ Julia Cameron
Today’s exercise is to write words that will help you further your self love process. I have my name there as when these words formed for me I did need to acknowledge myself.. you can do this on paper , in your journal or make yourself a card. Then take 5 minutes to be still and listen for your heart whisper, you might ask: “what do you want me to know about loving myself?” Allow those words to flow onto your chosen surface.
Then when you have written the words take out some colored pencils, textas, crayons or magazines and paste and decorate it and don’t think, just allow the colors to flow and when you have finished acknowledge yourself. if you feel blocked just doodle in color. Please share your whispers in the comments and if you feel game a link to the image. Be bold.
“Every child is an artist, the problem is staying an artist when you grow up” – Pablo Picasso
“Don’t think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It’s self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can’t try to do things. You simply must do things” – Ray Bradbury
“The concept of creativeness and the concept of the healthy, self-actualizing fully human person, seem to be coming closer and closer together, and may turn out to be the same thing.” ~ Abraham Maslow
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
– Scott Adams
- Mirror work twice a day. I am saying I love and accept myself 21 time in the morning and again in the evening. If you are finding yourself yawing read yesterday’s post
- If it resonates with you use EFT and Ho’oponopono
- Please comment below, on your pinterest board , on twitter use hash tags #loveu421 and #love challenge and on my facebook page.
- Follow 21 Day Love board at pinterest where you can get the images for your journal I will be sharing all the images each day. I have also added them to thegoogle event.
With love, gratitude and in abundance always
PS: This post is part of my 21 Day Love Challenge Project. If you’d like to read more or invite your friends!, visit these posts:
♥♥”Please Share this article on your favorite social networks and with your community. This can help others heal and change their lives. Thank you!”♥♥
Latest posts by Suzie Cheel (see all)
- YOU KNOW YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL PERSON. - November 24, 2020
- WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO CREATE YOUR OWN ORACLE OR INSPIRATIONAL CARD DECK? - October 28, 2020
- ARE YOU BEING BOLD and DREAMING BIG! - May 27, 2020
- IMPOSTOR SYNDROME – “I FEEL LIKE A FRAUD” - April 1, 2020