“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.”
~ Charles M. Schulz
Chocolate, even organic dark chocolate which is alkaline is not on my eating horizons. It has caffeine, which is not good for my bones. Carob is okay, just doesn’t have the yumminess of dark chocolate.
Yesterday was Des’s birthday so as a treat I decided to make him some treats. I have made these once before. I shared a picture on Facebook and was asked to share the recipe.
I used a heart shaped silicon ice-cube tray I bought from Ikea years ago. This is great as the chocolate doesn’t stick
- 1/2 cup extra virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Organic Cocoa Powder (raw cocoa powder is preferred)
- 1 Tbsp Organic agave or honey
- I added a tablespoon of dessicated coconut
You can add a variety of ingredients: I added raspberries, organic raisins and freshly shelled macadamias. You could add maca powder, orange rind, ginger, nuts, seeds and sultanas. I am sure you can think of other tasty morsels you can add.
I put these into the tray before pouring in the mixture
Melt the coconut oil and add the argave or honey. Whisk and add the cocoa powder. Whisk occasionally while pouring into the silicone ice cube tray. Makes 14. Cool for 30 minutes in the fridge or freezer.
Then turn them out and enjoy. One at a siting as they are very rich.
Be Love Namaste
p.s. if you are reading this in Google Reader, please note that Google Reader will be shutting down on July 1st of this year. To continue to get updated content, please subscribe to my weekly heart whisper (if you haven’t already) which will include a weekly recap of articles written on the blog. if you wish to get the blog delivered by itself subscribe in the pretty box below
♥If you enjoyed what you have read subscribe to email updates and please share it with your friends on Twitter and Facebook.I so appreciate you ♥
Latest posts by Suzie Cheel (see all)
- YOU KNOW YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL PERSON. - November 24, 2020
- WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO CREATE YOUR OWN ORACLE OR INSPIRATIONAL CARD DECK? - October 28, 2020
- ARE YOU BEING BOLD and DREAMING BIG! - May 27, 2020
- IMPOSTOR SYNDROME – “I FEEL LIKE A FRAUD” - April 1, 2020