If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete ~Buddha
Something happens and all your great intentions to be kind to you vanish into thin air. Self Compassion goes into hiding and you feel flat. I felt that way yesterday after a visit to the doctor. I was having my knee checked after my fall last week. Anyway the news wasn’t good- was told that the healing of the knee was going to take 3 months and that ice was the only treatment, of course along with rest! Then to top it off my blood pressure that I thought was back to normal was too high! My doctor gets concerned as high blood pressure and kidneys do not go hand in hand and she is being cautious I understand that. As Des says I never really got how close to death I came.
So I came home feeling quite flat. I shared this today with my friend Stephanie and she said: Well more letting go for you and TRUSTING. I was then reminded of this week’s Heart Whisper that I had painted and written for my friend Heather who has some serious health challenges and is in hospital recovering from her first operation. Looks like my heart was whispering for me too:)
In showing ourselves self compassion and kindness, I find I really have to watch the thoughts I think and the words I use. Quotes and affirmations remind me to be kind to me. Make them as a screen saver, keep a list in Evernote so you can access them on your phone, read them first thing in the morning.
Today I started the day with self-kindness by staying in bed, having breakfast in bed and then taking more time to meditate and journal. This helped me regain my positive outlook and accept that in being kinder to me all aspects of my life can heal faster. So yes I am saying yes to me and being kind to me.
- “When you are compassionate with yourself, you trust in your soul, which you let guide your life. Your soul knows the geography of your destiny better than you do.” – John O’Donohue
- “You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” – Buddha
- “If you don’t love yourself, you cannot love others. You will not be able to love others. If you have no compassion for yourself then you are not able of developing compassion for others.” – Dalai Lama
- “The art of being yourself at your best is the art of unfolding yourself into the personality you want to be. Learn to love yourself, be gentle with yourself, to forgive yourself, for only as we have the right attitude toward ourselves can we have the right attitude toward others.” – Wilfred Peterson
- “If a man does not keep pace with his companions perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him keep step to the music which he hears, however measured or however far away.” – Henry David Thoreau
- You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anybody -Maya Angelou
- “Accept everything about yourself – I mean everything. You are you and that is the beginning and the end – no apologies, no regrets.” – Clark Moustakas
- “Love brings you face to face with your self. It’s impossible to love another if you cannot love yourself.” – John Pierrakos
- “Being extremely honest with oneself is a good exercise.” – Sigmund Freud
- “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I’m not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” – C. Joybell C.
- “Talk to yourself like you would talk to a lover” – Brene Brown
- “Happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “To be nobody but yourself in a world that’s doing its best to make you somebody else, is to fight the hardest battle you are ever going to fight. Never stop fighting.” – E. E. Cummings
Be kind to you and say
How does that make you feel?
What will you do today to be kind to yourself?
with love and gratitude
Listening to the whispers of your heart brings ♥More FUN ♥ More LOVE ♥ More ABUNDANCE ♥
Follow me on Twitter @suziecheel Join the #heartwhisper conversation!