Does your business need a BLOG?
I have a number of friends in business who know I blog but don’t seem to be interested in having a blog. I know many do not see the value of blogging and I often hear them comment: “That’s just an online diary isn’t it?”
I then usually go on to outline the benefits of having a blog for your business, your brand, etc
- KLT: Know, like and trust factor. People get to know who you are , what you stand for. This makes it easier for them if and when they decide to do business with you
- A well executed blog is more interactive and dynamic than your static website. This helps you with SEO and gives your site Google juice.
- Your blog/website is the hub of your online presence. This is the place where your followers, your potential clients and customers come to find out more about you and your business. You link back to your blog/website from Twitter, link Facebook, LinkedIn, You Tube, etc- your social web. This graphic from Jennie Armato from Web Business Academy illustrates th this. This shows how your blog is like the mothership of you business.
- You own your blog if it is self-hosted as this one is on wordpress. Having a self-hosted blog on your own domain is like owning your own home compared to eg: having a blogger (blogspot) or wordpress.com blog that is like renting a home. The house usually appreciates, the rental property can be taken away from you.
- Blog technology gives you a much greater capacity to get your message out to the world
Get Started Today!
I got this blog up and running with a 30 Day blog challenge (#blog30) in June run by Dr. Jeanette Cates. So when I heard about the “Ultimate Blog Challenge” that is being run by Michele Scism and Michelle Shaeffer I decided to join as my blogging has slipped as I have been looking to consolidate my brand under one blog. Yes I still have 3 and I am working to bring them all under one websiteThis is great way to get into the blogging habit. Join at http://ultimateblogchallenge.com. You can follow along at http://tweetchat.com/room/blogboost. Hashtag is #blogboost